Ok, so I'm a little embarassed about what I'm about to post. Last Friday night, John and I went to Albertacos, this hole in the wall mexican place near where we live. We'd driven by it before and thought it looked interesting. Then, one of my friends from LA said it was the "classic, San Diego-style burrito" and we were sold. We love, LOVE mexican food and have been looking for a good place similar to some of our other favorites (John's- Molcasalsa in SLC, and our honeymoon fave- Roberto's in Mission Beach). So you walk into this place and it's not much to look at. Stila saw the gumball machines and Albertacos was immediately her favorite place. As we ordered and sat down, I was actually wondering if maybe we shouldn't set Alexa's carseat down because it might get dirty, along with our clothes when we sat down in a booth. But then I remembered that's pretty much standard, and that that probably meant the food was really good. So we got our food- John had a carne asada burrito and I had a beef burrito/cheese enchilada combo to share with Stila. As Stila would say, "Oh, my GOODNESS!" I have to say it was really, really good. John said about 50 times, "This is my new favorite place" and 'I'm coming here like every day."
So, if you're looking for some good mexican food and haven't discovered this place (I'll admit we're not completely on top of the hidden gems here), put on your grimy clothes (or wrap yourself in garbage bags) and head to Albertacos!
Elisabeth- see? you could have greasy burritos if you come stay with us!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wish I could say that I can't wait to try it on our next visit, but the description of the place kinda did it for me. But, sooo glad you guys found a fun new place. Does it beat Chronic Tacos? Probably way different. Maybe one day I'll get up enough nerve. Oh, but if Jodie ate there, than maybe it is safe.
I actually have heard about this place being really good from a couple different people, but still haven't bitten the bullet and tried it. Now we have to!
This place also has a great Breakfast burrito too. It's definetely high on our list , but mostly for take-out.
How funny, my husband beat me to a comment...but he's right this is the best place around for Mexican food. I agree that you almost feel like you need to bring trash bags to sit on, for hygiene reasons, but it's a great hole in the wall, authentic mexican dive and you can't beat the prices! By the way love your blog...so so cute!
Mexican is my FAVORITE and the dives are always the best!!! Where is it located?
Post a Comment